Download and install the current POI Loader from Garmin.
Afterwards save your own "User special destinations".
The speed camera POIs and categories can not be edited in the device.
In principle, you can be alerted about every single speed camera or only when you are exceeding the speed limit.
» I. Install the speed camera data
» II. Uninstall the speed camera data
I. Install the speed camera data
- Please log in on SCDB.info and go to the garmin product page. Before starting the download you have to select your desired countries and choose one of the possible options for images (we recommend: split into all categories). After that push download button and save the file garmin.zip to your hard disk.
In our example we save the file garmin.zip in the folder "C:/temp".
- Please unzip the overlay with a suitable program - we recommend WINZIP - to a target folder of your choice in your computer. In our example, we selected the folder "C:/temp/garmin".
- Now the folder "C:/temp/garmin" contains all unzipped files types in *.bmp and *.csv format (every file type stands for one speed camera category):
|Camera... ||Section Control |
|Redlight... ||red light monitoring system |
|Speed... ||speed camera |
Switch on your navigation system and connect it to the PC over the USB cable. Then start Garmin software POI Loader.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
In the next step select the target folder on your hard disk which contains the unzipped files of our database. In our example it is "C:/temp/garmin". Now you can choose between Express mode and Manual mode.
Important for using the UK data:
In this mode all settings are given by POI Loader. Push Next button and all speed cameras were installed.
Select manual modus to set all settings for speed camera categories by your own.
We recommend the following settings; of course you are free to adjust the values to suit your needs:
|20-30 mph speed camera ||200 m |
|40-50 mph speed camera ||250 m |
|60-70 mph speed camera ||500 m |
|variable speed camera ||500 m |
|red light ||100 m |
Finish the installation with POI Loader and disconnect your Garmin.
- Start your Garmin and check if audio alerts are activate. Go to Main menu/settings/Proximity Points/Alerts change... and .../Audio.
- The new POI categories were also shown in Main menu/Where to?/Extras/Custom POIs.
Now, all speed cameras are installed and your Garmin is ready for a safe trip!
Advice: Use Poi Edit to update our database on a daily basis. Load the files as Garmin Comma Separated (*.csv).
II. Uninstall the speed camera data
- To completely remove the speed camera data again from your Garmin, turn on the Garmin and connect it to the PC. Then start the POI Loader and follow the instructions first. Then select the option: Remove all previously installed custom POIs from your Garmin.
- Then confirm the warning message with OK. After that, the speed camera data (Custom POIs) are completely removed from your Garmin.